Reporting to the Executive Director in collaboration with Art in Action Board of Directors, the Accounting Manager/Controller has the primary responsibility to oversee all financial activities for Art in Action, a 501c3 non-profit organization based in Menlo Park, CA, including all accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll,forecasting, accounts payable and receivable, and financial tracking. This is a fantastic opportunity for an accounting professional who thrives in a busy work place, has a philanthropic interest, and is well-versed in working with non-profit finances.
Art in Action believes every child deserves the opportunity to engage in the transformative power of art. As a national non-profit leader in visual and digital arts, Art in Action has proudly served over a half million students since 1982. Today we provide 110 outstanding lessons to 72,000 students in 500 schools and enrichment learning centers located throughout the US. We train hundreds of teachers and parent volunteers and deliver 19 tons of art materials annually. Forty-two percent of those we serve are Title I schools in low-income communities.
- Manage all organizational finances including budget, actuals, forecast, financial analysis, reporting, cash flow, wage allocations, depreciation and amortization, monitor A/R
- Manage bank accounts including checking, savings, credit card, reserve, investment, PayPal, petty cash, and Amazon Associates
- Assist Art in Action’s leadership in annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans, develop projections, and compare actuals with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate
- Manage organizational cash flows by working in partnership with organization leadership; continuously collaborate with senior staff and board to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations
- Maintain internal control and management for invoicing and receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets and actual expenditures
- Manage time reporting and payroll
- Manage tax filings (federal, state, property, sales, etc.)
- Oversee benefits programs: medical, dental, section 125 plan, holidays, paid time off, sick leave
- Lead risk management, including securing and maintaining appropriate insurance coverage, coordinating audit activity and working with IRS as needed
- Support lease/sublease negotiations, and office maintenance requests as needed
- Work with ED to provide support with compliance of laws, regulations, and workplace safety as needed
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Team player with clear communication style
- Non-profit financial management background strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience in accounting and financial management
- Degree in accounting or business
This is an exempt, full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Medical, dental, and retirement benefits are available.
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.