March is Arts Education Month! Here are 5 ways you can celebrate.
Here at Art in Action, we treat every month like it is Arts Education Month! Kids need creativity every month of the year, and we love having a specific time to celebrate. This month, here are some fun ways to celebrate arts education:
1. Incorporate art into other school subjects such as math, language arts, history, or science. Art is a fun and powerful way to teach concepts in other subjects and help students engage deeply with the content they are learning.
2. Invite your principal, PTA or other leadership to take part in an art lesson together. Seeing the excitement art brings the students helps to build a culture of creativity at your school.
3. Allow for creative doodling free time: Give students 5 mins and a pencil and paper. Prompt them to see who can come up with the most unique project. Encourage students to be creative and think outside the box. Try closing eyes to blind draw, then filling in the shapes they see. Can they try ripping and fraying the paper to appear like a cave painting? Can they use the side of the pencil to do shading? Encourage creative thinking!
4. Observe and discuss the art around you. Think advertising, art hanging on walls, color or symmetry in nature, clothing design. Engage students in discussions about art in every aspect of life.
5. Display student artwork at school, at home, and around the community. Share the creativity with your community!
Looking for art curriculum to use at home? Check out our newest product perfect for homeschool, distance learning, or just fun with kids at home: The Art in Action Studio Series.
Interested in arts education for your whole school? Reach out today: email@example.com